19 Apr The Food You Eat
Posted at 19:16h in Blog
The food you eat and how you eat it greatly influences all areas of your life. These basic tips will get you thinking in the right direction.
- Buy, cook, and eat real food with whole ingredients. Avoid processed food with long ingredient lists and GE ingredients.
- When selecting meat, dairy, and poultry, choose grass-fed and free-range
- Reconnect with your food. Whenever possible, learn the story behind it and meet the people who grow it.
- Familiarize yourself with your local or regional food history, cultural dishes, and seasonal specialties.
- Shop at a farmers’ market, visit a farm, buy clean organic foods.
- Cook and eat with others—not just family and friends. Bring new people and perspectives to the table. Help your children build a relationship with and an appreciation for real food.
- Grow some of your own food! Start in your backyard, community garden or windowsill. Or, join a community garden and grow food with others.
- Practice composting.